This is how you make people feel welcome in the Okanogan. A warm inviting place to get in out of the weather, shake off the cold, have a great cup of coffee and a pastry, and some conversation. The Malott Country Store – not your typical convenience store and not that far off the main highway. Close enough, in fact, to make it a habit.
The weather cooperated, the crowds were huge and friendly, there were friends everywhere, and the best gathering of bands and musicians anywhere. The volunteers and organizers did an awesome job and the vendors brought everything imaginable. It was another amazing experience!
If you had chicken pox you are vulnerable to shingles. Period. Shingles is a re-emergence of dormant virii that your body has been harboring perhaps for decades. A shingles outbreak can be triggered by stresses, and these outbreaks can be recurring. There are all manner of fact sheets that detail the life cycle of this disease but there are just a few things that you need to know.
- It is definitely not “an old person’s” disease!
- It is extremely painful – 24 hours a day, for weeks.
- You may never suffer from it but if you do it will likely be with you intermittently all your life.
- There is a vaccine that can help avoid the initial outbreak with 50% effectiveness
- Not all people should receive the vaccine.
- If you wait too long to preemptively treat this affliction your quality of life can suffer badly and at unpredictable intervals.
Discuss this with your doctor to learn more about the disease, risks, and moderating those risks. I learned the hard way that putting this off is a bad idea.